- What about you? What about your heart?
- Haven’t you heard? I don’t have a heart. Everyone knows that..
Downton Abbey | Harry Potter → “The tale of the three
Wouldn’t you say that Sybil died for love (of Branson)? Edith got her heart broken but was back at breakfast the next morning; she seems the most likely one to make peace with the ups and downs of life, then inevitable death.
Yes, of course I adore happily married Mary and Matthew—but no one did tortured looks of unrequited love quite like unhappily separated Mary and Matthew. I’ll miss that gut punch I felt whenever Matthew flicked those baby blues Mary’s way.
I was getting anxious that we’d be in for another season of underwhelming black dresses for Mary (seriously, it seems like she spent all of s2 in that same dress) but this makes my heart lift and my spirits soar.
Open flowers in the windy fields of this war-torn world
Ooh, this show. I just did some manic googling to find out the third season will air in UK in September, which gives me a reason to look forward to the end of summer!
“Mary wants power, but is prepared to play by the old rules. Sybil wants it by the new rules. And Edith just wants anything she can get.” —Julian Fellowes
The perfection is BURNING MY FACE OFF.
My kingdom for a Mary Crawley hair tutorial.
1. Look at what a self-centered little shit she was in the first gif. Love it.
2. The third gif doesn’t really fit because Lord Grantham didn’t sacrifice Mary to Carlisle; she made the choice on her own.
3. This rules. The “By Perseus” gif is obviously my favorite.
You know that Tiffany’s ad campaign with Lee Pace, which is incredibly swoony and gorgeous? This is 100 times better. No jewelry needed.